So, my 22nd birthday was just over a week ago now and one of my main presents which was from my mum was an overnight stay at the Crazy Bear hotel in Beaconsfield for Tom and I. The Crazy Bear has been one of the places to visit on my UK bucket list for a few years now as I've stared at photos of the rooms and the venue itself countless amounts of times, so you can imagine my excitement when my mum booked us one of the best suites in there too! I honestly had the most amazing day/evening with the best company. I think sometimes it's just so nice to get away and spend a night in luxury - everyone deserves it at some point.
When we arrived, we were given a complimentary glass of champagne and taken up to our room which was absolutely gorgeous - we had a huge rose gold/copper bath at the end of our bed, velvet walls and mirrors on the ceiling. My only negative was that it was so dark that I couldn't do my makeup or enough Instagram worthy photos. Those are 2 problems that a beauty blogger just can't deal with. After putting our bags down and having a little look around, we then popped downstairs to the English restaurant (they have a Thai and an English restaurant as part of the hotel) where we had a champagne afternoon tea for two booked. I've honestly never tasted sandwiches like it.
After spending an hour or so scoffing our faces with sandwiches, cakes and scones, we had a few hours to kill before our dinner which was at 8:45, so we decided to sit outside by the pool and have a few cocktails. By this point, I'd already had 2 glasses of champagne, a porn star martini and 2 large glasses of rosé so it's safe to say that I felt a little tipsy - which was when we thought it would be a good idea to go back up to our room to get ready for dinner in the Thai restaurant. The food was absolutely delicious and I would highly recommend trying that restaurant if you ever fancy something different or find yourself in the Beaconsfield area! I had prawn tempura to start with and a chicken stir fry for my main and Tom had a lobster and noodle type thing. Anyway, enough of the rambling - here are some photos to share with you...
1. Champagne afternoon tea for two. This was expensive, but worth it.
2. Even the toilets were beautiful. Look how sparkly and pretty it was!
3. A random chair in the hotel toilets that I just had to take a picture of because it looked nice.
4. The outside pool area where we sat down and had a few drinks. I can imagine this area being amazing when it's warmer outside but unfortunately we didn't attempt to try it out.
5. Generic snapchat picture - glass of wine by a pool... Can't complain.
6. You know a hotel is posh when there's a jacuzzi outside. Again, we were too cold to even bother.
7. All dressed up for our Thai dinner. I decided to go for a simple outfit from Missguided.
8. The copper bath tub at the end of our bed. The water came down from the ceiling. How cool is that?!
9. Tom enjoying a nice bubble bath. I don't think he realises how much bubble bath you should use.
10. Champagne and cocktails at the restaurant. Melon martini & porn star martini.
11. The food. That is all.
12. I want one of these in my house for whenever I walk through the door.
Have you ever stayed at the Crazy Bear before? Where are your favourite places to escape and relax?