Do you ever get those days where you just literally can't stop thinking about food and looking back at the amazing meals you've been sad enough to take photos of? Well today is one of those days for me - so it would only be right to share my hungry thoughts in a blog post so you can admire the beauty too. How I'm not the size of a house yet, I'll never know.
1. Our hotel in Cyprus. I've never in my life stayed in a hotel that made lunches like it. I would honestly pay thousands to go back in time and re-live that holiday again (not just because of the food but that does play a big part). Imagine how amazing it was sitting by the pool eating food like this. Salmon, creme cheese and cucumber sandwich with greasy chips & a salad on the side *hearts in eyes emoji*.
2. Piccolino, Virginia Waters. I think this has to be my new favourite restaurant near me. Although it's quite expensive, the food is completely worth the money and I would recommend anyone to try it out, especially for a date night as it does really tasty cocktails too! Anyone close to me and my boyfriend will know how dumb we both can be at times so it wasn't our best idea deciding to try oysters for the first time in a really posh restaurant as we didn't have a clue how to eat them. I expected them to just slip out of the shell into your mouth like they do in films but it was a bit of a struggle, not gonna lie. I absolutely loved them though!
3. We also had the most AMAZING dessert at Piccolino - warm chocolate fondant which came with caramel ice cream on the side but we decided to spice things up a bit by ordering another side of white chocolate ice cream to go with it. I'm not usually one for sweet foods but this literally tasted like heaven on a plate.
4. STK, London. Wow. Is all I can say to this place. Tom and I booked a table here for our year anniversary and I was literally in my element. Steak and cocktails are possibly my most favourite combination so you can imagine how much I loved this place. I had these mini burgers for my starter - I've never known something so small to taste so good, they were so juicy and flavoursome, I want them right now.
5. Bbq's at Tom's house. These are my favourite kind of bbq's! Tom's family make the most amazing dinners and as I was soooo hungover yesterday, this was the most perfect thing ever. I can't explain how excited I was when I heard we were having a bbq for dinner. We had chopped up pieces of steak smothered in garlic butter, chunks of minted lamb, bbq chicken drumsticks, sausages, grilled tomatoes and coleslaw. GORGEOUS.
6. Five Guys, Reading. Oh my god. This was the nicest burger I've ever eaten in my life. If you haven't tried five guys yet, I urge you to go there right now. I went for the cheese burger with tomatoes and lettuce with some ketchup inside too - it was so beautiful I wanted to cry. Not only are the burgers amazing in this place but they also have a drinks machine that literally has every drink you could ever think of. I had vanilla cherry coke as I've never tried it together before, it was so nice. The only thing I would say is that I wasn't massively keen on the chips but the burger - oh myyyyyyyyy.
7. Picollino, Virginia Water. Again. This was what I had for my main, I think it was some kind of grilled chicken and I don't know what it came with on the side but it tasted good. The chicken was incredible and perfectly cooked but it really didn't fill me up so it resulted in me scrounging for some of Tom's dinner. He hates people touching his food aswell. I probably wouldn't go for this again purely for the fact that it wasn't big enough but it was really nice if you fancy a light meal. Look at me turning into some kind of food critic...
8. The Chequers, Eversley. One of my favourite things in the summer is finding a nice little pub garden to sit in whilst drinking and eating yummy food. This place in Eversley is one of mine and Tom's favourite pubs for this as the food is gorgeous and it's in such a chilled environment. I had a big appetite that day so went for a huge cheeseburger with chips and slaw, and I ate the lot. They were some of the nicest chips I've tried too.
9. Another Cyprus pic. I had this lunch so many times on holiday. Chicken, avocado and tomato sandwich with those yummy chips and a salad on the side. I find any kind of chicken salad sandwich so refreshing to eat in the sun as it doesn't fill you up too much and make you feel uncomfortable whilst sunbathing and it's nice and cold too. I should really try and make things like this myself, it really doesn't look that hard.
How amazing does this food look!? What are your favourite restaurants?