Have you ever sat there and thought that if you could ever go back in time, there would be so many things you would change to prevent yourself from making silly little mistakes? I know I have. I've put together a post on exactly what I would tell my younger self if I got the opportunity to and the tips that I would like to share with any girls going through those stressful teenage years.
- Concealer on the lips has NEVER been a good look. Throw it away, now.
- Ditch the dream matte mousse, it's doing your skin no favours at all. Buttt when you do buy a new foundation, rub it in properly. Get rid of those lines at the side of your face.
- Minimal layers of mascara is key. Those clumpy spider legs are not doing you any favours.
- STOP picking your eyelashes. If you wanna remove your eye make-up, do it properly. Use a face wipe or even some cleanser & toner to help with that skin of yours.
- Don't worry.... One day you will master the eyeliner flick.
- Don't let anyone make you feel stupid for enjoying and sharing a passion for makeup or anything beauty related for that matter. You're a girly girl, why wouldn't you? You'll regret not taking it further if you listen to irrelevant and negative comments.
- Please stop bleaching your hair from home. It'll be in awful condition and you'll find it so hard to grow it back. It's gone bright orange once before, why risk it again? Also, stop parting your hair all the way from the top of your ear and spraying it down to your forehead. It looks like you're wearing a lego hat. Not a good look.
- I know it's painful but please please wear your retainer at night. Your teeth aren't gonna stay straight on their own and you'll feel like it was such a waste of time having a brace face for those 18 months.
- Those astro trainers really don't go with your flared jeans AND you don't even play football. Throw those away along with the concealer.
- You'll grow out of your Jack Wills & Hollister phase. Stop spending every bit of your money on new hoodies and save it for the bigger, more important things. You'll look back and wish you never spent so much when the hoodies start to go rock hard.
- Boob tubes only look good with STRAPLESS bras.
- There's really no need to wear a fake flower in your hair at every opportunity. Even worse, why are you wearing 3d cinema glasses as a fashion accessory? You look like Harry Potter gone wrong.
- pls stop tlkin lyk dis - it looks silly. You'll laugh at yourself in a couple of years... AND you'll also feel old when you read back and realise that you can't actually work out what the hell you were saying at the time.
- Stop hanging around the streets doing nothing - do something fun for once... And that doesn't include hours on the computer sitting on MSN or bebo.
- Appreciate your family. Your mum is only being strict with you because she cares. Don't moan when she doesn't let you stay out as late as your other friends. It's not the end of the world, you'll get your freedom when the time is right.
- You don't have to have your whole life planned out yet, just go with the flow and let things happen. Everything happens for a reason. You'll find that even when you're in your 20's, most people still don't know what they're doing.
- Pay attention in Geography. You'll feel like an idiot when you're 21 and still can't read a map.
- Put the vodka down. It turns you into a crazy woman. So does rosé wine and beer for that matter. You don't HAVE to get so drunk that you don't remember anything from the night before. Drink slowly and moderately - you'll thank me in the morning.
- Life isn't always fair and it's not always gonna go your way. Keep calm. Breathe. Everything will be ok in the end. You'll look back and realise how silly you were for the things you got upset about in a few years time.
- Any friend that goes out of their way to embarrass you or put you down doesn't deserve a place in your future. You'll soon learn to only surround yourself with the people that make you feel happy. (That might mean that you'll only have a small handful of friends).
- Some people are literally born twats and will try and make themselves look funny by making you look silly in front of groups of people. Don't feel intimidated by these kinds of people, as soon as you leave school you'll never have to speak to them again.
What would you tell your younger self?