I love being nosey around Christmas time and seeing what others get up to and what their traditions are, so after reading milkbubbletea's most recent post, I thought I'd join in with the festivities to help myself get in the Christmassy mood. Can you believe it's just 5 days away?!
1. Favourite Christmas smell/scent? Definitely the smell of Christmas dinner cooking. I am so looking forward to experiencing it all over again next week.
2. Gingerbread or Candy canes? Gingerbread, 100%. I haven't really got much of a sweet tooth but I've pretty much been living off gingerbread lattes since October.
3. Is your tree real or fake? We always have a real tree as we're too lazy to open up all the branches on the fake ones. Although the needles constantly falling off does become a little annoying so I think when Tom and I get our own place, we'll probably opt for a fake one.
4. Quality street or Roses? Hmmm, I'd probably say Roses as I love the crunchy orange chocolates, although the strawberry and orange cremes from Quality street are amazing too, and for some reason the ones that are always left over in my house?! Not that I'm complaining.
5. Do you dress up or down on December 25th? I tend to spend most of the day dressed up, but I'll always take my onesie or a pair of snuggly pyjamas with me wherever we go for Christmas. There's nothing better than sitting on the sofa after opening presents and pigging out watching a festive film in comfy clothes.
6. Do you have any specific festive traditions? Not so much any more. My dad and I used to go shopping in London every Christmas Eve to choose my presents but as I started to get older, work got in the way. I still make sure I go over and see him to exchange presents on Christmas Eve though.
7. Any embarrassing Christmas moments that come to mind? Not that I can remember, fortunately!
8. Do you wake up early or late on Christmas morning? Still quite early but not as early as when I was little obvs. I used to wake up 5 or 6 in the morning and my mum had to tell me to go back to sleep which was torture as a child when you know there's presents to be opened! I tend to wake up at about 9 or 10 now but I still get that excited feeling the night before where I just want the hours to go by as quick as possible. Hopefully that feeling never goes.
9. If you had a stocking where did you hang them? When I was little, my mum would put my stocking (or pillowcase) at the end of my bed and I remember how I'd wake up hourly just to feel and see if Father Christmas had been. Those are the kind of things that I miss about being younger, although I still have a stocking under the tree now. I don't think you can ever be too old for a stocking.
10. Favourite festive film/s? The Holiday, ELF, Frozen, Polar Express... The list goes on. I love spending evenings in watching Christmas films on the sofa.
11. Was there a present you always asked for as a child but never received? Probably something weird like a pet tortoise. Little did I know that I'd actually own one, one day though.
12. What was the best gift you received as a child? I used to be obsessed with Bratz dolls and I remember receiving a huge Bratz shopping mall one year which I absolutely loved!
13. What is on top of your Christmas tree? When I was younger, it would always be something tacky that I'd made at school like a cardboard star or something that my mum felt too guilty to throw away, but these days we just have something small like a little sparkly angel.
14. Favourite festive food? Pigs in blankets, salmon and creme cheese wheels and terry's chocolate orange. Along with the Christmas dinner of course.
15. Favourite Christmas activity? I absolutely love going Christmas shopping and wrapping presents. I always make sure that I dedicate a whole night to wrapping presents whilst drinking red wine and listening to cheesy Christmas songs. As you can imagine though, the wrapping starts off all neat and pretty but by the second glass of wine, they look as if a 5 year old has wrapped them. Oops.
Do you have any Christmas traditions? I'd love to see your answers to these questions!